Why?

My beautiful daughter died from CF in March 2010 and I am riding in GearUp4CF this year in her memory.

Eva was a fighter and inspiration to all that knew her. In 2008 I rode in GearUp4CF to celebrate her successful recovery from a double lung transplant that allowed Eva to once again live her life to the fullest. Only months after the surgery, she joined the team in Invermere, painting our faces and cheering us on with her pom-poms in her self-appointed role as chief cheerleader.

This year I will be 65 years old on the ride. That is why I am calling this ride 65 for65Roses; partly because of my age, partly because 65 Roses is a malapropism of Cystic Fibrosis, partly because my daughter’s blog was called 65 RedRoses, and also because I hope to reach the very lofty goal of raising $65,000.

Training to ride for 1200 km over multiple mountain passes to Banff will be very difficult; raising these funds will be just as much of a challenge. Here is where I need your help. Please donate to my ride and help contribute to Eva’s legacy to raise critical funds for CF research and awareness.

Friday 20 June 2014

Ready to Go

Just a bit of last minute packing and we will be ready to go. The bike is tuned up, and now outfitted with a pair of brand new tires, and I think I am fit enough to take on this challenge. The weather actually looks quite good with promises of sunny weather. And the best news of all. My goal of reaching $65,000 is now quite surpassed. Today, two very large donations came in from my business partners and I have now reached over $75,000. Incredible really, there is no other way  of describing it.

So now it's just a matter of riding the bike, staying safe and enjoying the trip.Tune in from time to time and I will try to keep up with my ride on this blog. Thanks again for all your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors